text wrapping and squiggles

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Steve GW
Version: 9.2.0514
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows Vista (32-bit)
I have noticed if a squiggle highlight wraps the squiggle highlight is temporally lost

Comments (3)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Steve,

Please email us a simple sample project that shows this happening, and make sure the ZIP doesn't include any .exe files. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Steve GW
That will take more time

But it is easy to replicate. Just turn on word wrap and resize the window as the words are pushed a squiggle will wrap (the words I'm highlighting have spaces in them) it the looses high light untill the entire word is visible on a single line.

You probably did not expect the word to have spaces in maybe.
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Steve,

We did have a bug with the squiggle lines spanning view lines however I believe that was resolved in either build 513 or 514.

Your issue is likely that the snapshot range passed to the GetTags method is for the view line, not the document line. So if there is potential for word wrapping to affect how you match items, you'd need to increase the size of your search to include the entire document line's range, not just the snapshot range as it is passed since that is only for the view line's range.

If you handle that, it should work ok.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.