ToolWindows Fade With Popup Over Them

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Jim Strav
Version: 9.2.0514
I have a grid in a ToolWindow. The floating ToolWindow is set to fade when inactive (InactiveRaftingWindowFadeOpacity="0.25"). The grid has a context menu. When I right-click and show the context menu, the ToolWindow becomes inactive and fades away. This is not really desirable because you are still acting on the contents in the ToolWindow.

This is reproducible in the Sample Browser in the inline demo of docking. Set the tool windows to be hosted rafting windows, set the fade delay to 1 second, undock a ToolWindow and right click it title bar. When the context menu appears, the ToolWindow will fade away.

This happens with Actipro PopupButtons in the ToolWindow as well.

I think the ToolWindow should not fade when a context menu or popup is opened as a result of a click in the ToolWindow.

Comments (1)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the post. To accomplish this we'd have to change the way we do the fade outs since right now we aren't notified when the delay timeout (like 1 second) occurs, so there is no good place at the moment to do a check for a context menu. We'll add an item to our TODO list to look into it further.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.