Posted 19 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
Is there an equivalent GetToolWindowChild from the old tool? Also, is there an upgrade document that could get me up and running with the new tool.

thanks,
Jake

Comments (6)

Posted 19 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
Hi,
I think I got the GetToolWindowChild worked out. Is there an alternative to the Child property that used to exist in DWWindowBase.

thanks,
Jake
Is there a way to know the focused Document window like the FocusedToolWindow property?
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
The new event model is much better. There is a WindowCreated event that fires when a tool window is first created. A WindowInitializing event fires before the tool window is first activated. This event allows you to lazy initialize the tool window, meaning initialize it only as needed so that you don't initialize tool windows that aren't going to be displayed.

There is no more need for a Child property since now, tool windows (ToolWindow class) are Controls themselves. You simply add child controls directly to the ToolWindow control. This eliminates the need for UserControl wrappers like we had in DockableWindow.

Right now there isn't a FocusedToolWindow property. I'll add that to the TODO list. There is a WindowFocused event that tells you whenever a window gains focus. The old GetFocusedToolWindow method in DW simply looped through the tool windows and checked to see if one contained focus.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,
Another question, is there a way to upgrade my old tool window file to a new one?
They have different data stored so probably not. The best way to create a layout is probably make it how you want it at run-time and add a temporary menu item in your app to save the layout to a file.

Actipro Software Support

Quote:
Is there a way to know the focused Document window like the FocusedToolWindow property?

The next maintenance release has a DockManager.FocusedTabbedMdiWindow property.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.