EditorViewMarginsCustom visibility

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Steve GW
Version: 9.2.0514
I see the example EditorViewMarginsCustom - is it possible to have these custom margins be made to toggle their visiability.

Can seem to find a property.

Thanks

Steve GW

Comments (3)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Steve,

What we do for our margins is have them look up the visual tree for a property on the SyntaxEditor to control their visibility. You could always create an attached property and set it on the SyntaxEditor and do the same thing, have your margins bind with a FindAncestor mode and look for the attached property.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Steve GW
Thanks for the help

I did manage to turn the visibility off but maybe my question was not quite right.

The margin visual objects are now gone but the space the margin takes up is still there and I expect the code behind is still working to display the margin information

What about unregistering the margin and re-registering the margin is that possible.
Or something like that? Any glues on an approach

Steve

[Modified at 02/15/2010 07:26 PM]
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Steve,

If you are setting your margin's Visibility to Collapsed, I would think it would reclaim the space. We'd probably need to see a simple sample project showing it in order to help further. If you send something over please make sure your ZIP doesn't contain any .exe files.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 3 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.