Intelliprompt close issue

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Nassim Farhat
Version: 4.0.0283
Hello,

My intelliprompt is triggered on KeyDown events. On each keydown event i do some verifications to find out if intelliprompt should be poped up or not.

I have no problem when i type a simple string of text starting by ex:"a", my intellipromopt list pops up with no problem and goes to the item that starts with "a".

But in the condition that i have prior text selected i.e. that "editor.SelectedView.SelectedText" is not empty, and at that moment I type a character, my intelliprompt pops up and closes immediatly... I think this is due to the fact that the editor performs a Delete of the selected text after i typed my character and this "Delete" action causes the intelliprompt to close.

I was wondering if you know of a way to tweak the deletion of the underlying "editor.SelectedView.SelectedText" when i type a character so that it does not cause a close of to the intelliprompt window?

Now i understand this is a very specific issue that is more related to the way i use the intelliprompt, by it's worth a shot! If you don t know of any tweaks then I guess i will need to use inter-functional paramaters to save states and such things... but that becomes ugly and difficult to maintain code.

Regards
Nassim

Comments (1)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Nassim,

We'd probably need to see a simple sample project that shows this working to give you any help. Please make sample project that shows the problem and email it over to us. Be sure to not include any .exe files in the ZIP. Thanks.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.