Tooltip background color for folded code

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Kasper Tanggaard
Version: 4.0.0280
Hi,

I have simple question:

How do I change the background color of the tooltip you get when hovering over a piece of folded text? When modifying the various styles of various languages, a lot of them will either be invisible on the yellow'ish background or will just look plain ugly :)

Comments (4)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Kasper,

Unfortunately right now there doesn't appear to be an option to set it. It's defaulting to use the SystemColors.Info color.

You could turn the CollapsedOutliningNodeSyntaxHighlightingEnabled off if it is causing issues for you.

Or alternatively use background colors on your styles.

Actipro Software Support

That's a real shame. It seems like a very small thing, but it renders the functionality pretty useless when working with other colorschemes. Making my users define a background color for every style, when all they really want is transparency, is not really an option, and turning off the syntaxcoloring really takes some of the coolness out. Would it be possible to add this setting to the next maintenance release? Unless I'm mistaking, it seems like a very small addition :)
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We didn't say we wouldn't add anything to help with this. It was added to the TODO list. We'll see if we can get it into the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Excellent, I would really appreciate that :)
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.