Why unloading/loading during move?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Radu
Hi

I noticed that the docking/undocking/floating operations are quite slow. Checking a bit deeper I found out that for example during simple moving of a floating window the unloaded/loaded event for my controls gets triggered. And that is quite bad (peformance-wise). Isn't it there some potential to optimize the docking/undocking/floating/moving behaviour?

Strangely just after docking back a floating window the unloaded/loaded events for my controls are NOT triggered... making it a bit inconsistent (as I must reconstruct some adorner objects after my controls are reloaded)

Thx in advance
Radu

[Modified at 02/25/2010 04:38 AM]

Comments (1)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Radu,

The Loaded/Unloaded events are managed by Microsoft, not us, and unfortunately are not really something we can control. We have seen some inconsistent behavior from them in the past, even when not using our controls.

If you want us to look into your particular scenario more, please make a simple sample project that shows the issue and email it over. Don't include any .exe files in the ZIP. Thanks.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.