Posted 19 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
Hi,
I got my upgrade complete. The tool looks great. I really like the drop down button for choosing a document window, but I also like the arrows. Would it be possible to have an option for both in the property called "TabbedMdiContainerButtonStyle"?

thanks,
Jake

Comments (9)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Certainly... good idea. I'll add it to the TODO list!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
Thanks, couple of more ideas:

1. Could you implement ctrl+tab and ctrl+alt+tab hot keys to navigate between document windows?

2. In Visual Studio if you open windows 1 2 and 3. Activate 1 then activate 3 then close 3 Visual studio will activate 1. Could you match that functionality? I have it written right now, but I would think you could do it in a less kludgey manner.
The Ctrl+Tab was working but I think we accidentally broke it when making a workaround for a weird .NET bug right before final release. I'll add it to the TODO list and will add your other suggestion as well.

Actipro Software Support

Quote:
Would it be possible to have an option for both in the property called "TabbedMdiContainerButtonStyle"?

This option is now implemented for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The Ctrl+Tab issue is also fixed for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
Any plans to support Alt+Tab switching like Whidbey (where you get the popup window of open Document/ToolWindows to navigate to)?
Quote:
Any plans to support Alt+Tab switching like Whidbey (where you get the popup window of open Document/ToolWindows to navigate to)?

Yes, that is on the TODO list.

Actipro Software Support

It looks like my old solution for implementing 2 doesn't work any more. Could you tell me what events you would attach to do get it to work? or an ETA on when this would be implemented.

-Thanks
Maybe try handling WindowFocused and updating your list there if the window is in the document area.

We have a maintenance release probably coming out today. This doesn't have that feature implemented but does have a number of other new things and bug fixes.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.