Controlling Page Nav by Database

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 20 years ago by randy
Hi,

I am trying to control the wizardpage display by group permissions stored in a data table. I was going to use the wizardpage name along with the group name to setup permissions. I was going to use this to make the page disabled, but this still shows the information on that page. I then thought of making it invisible, something that the wizard does makes the page visible again. I would like to do this at the start of the wizard because it would be alot of checking to do it at each page change. I guess what I really want to know is if there is a way to set a page to be automatically skipped.

Thanks
Randy

Comments (3)

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Right now, no there is not a property for telling it to skip a page using the default sequencing. You currently have to write that logic yourself. We do have that on our TODO list already though.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 20 years ago by randy
Thanks,

You wouldn't happen to have some sample code for doing this?

Thanks Again
Randy
Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We don't have a code sample for this however default page sequencing is pretty simple. It just takes the current page index and increments it by one. If you store some sort of visibility attribute perhaps in the Tag property of a page, you handle the NextButtonClick event of Wizard, cancel the default processing (e.Cancel = true) and then determine yourself the next appropriate page to display.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.