Button StrikeThrough in Ribbon tab

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Bjørnar Sundsbø - Norway
Version: 9.1.0507
Hi

We have some context menus and ribbon tabs with the same commands. In some scenarios we wish to strike through the text of the menuitem/button of a command in addition to disabling it through CanExecute. This is to indicate that a command is not available due to missing license or something similar.

I have been able to change the button template for Context=MenuItem, however I have not been able to change it for VariantSize large in ribbon tab context. How can I get this to work on the TwoLineLabel which the default style uses?

Bjørnar Sundsbø

Bjørnar Sundsbø

Comments (3)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bjørnar,

Unfortunately text decorations (via Inline.TextDecorationsProperty) are not an attachable property and TwoLineLabel, like the native WPF Label control, doesn't expose any properties to set text decorations. If you absolutely need this we could possibly be contracted to implement it for you (http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Purchase/ConsultingServices.aspx) but it would be a very low priority TODO item for us otherwise.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Bjørnar Sundsbø - Norway
OK. Thank you for clearing that up. It was more of a nice-to-have feature, and originally intendet for test to say "just ignore this button for now", so it is not important.

Then the additional Left and Right enum values for TabPlacement for toolwindows inside a container gets yet another vote from me on your TODO list ;o) I noticed you have added Bottom and Top, so do you know if Left and Right is on your priority list? We do not wish to contract you to implement that, though a timeframe estimate is of interest.

Bjørnar

Bjørnar Sundsbø

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bjørnar,

While we are planning on working on new Docking/MDI features after WPF Studio 2010.1 is released, we have a number of higher priority items on our TODO list. So I can't really say at this time if it would be done then or would be pushed off to a later date.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.