web languages no licensing information dialog...

SyntaxEditor Web Languages Add-on for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Thomas Barkholt - Assets & Purchase Coordinator, Simcorp
Version: 4.0.0284
Hi
We are having trouble with upgrading our application from 282 to 284.
When we run the upgrading program, we get a dialog that states that:
Error. No licensing information was found in the assembly that calls the component. Check for a valid licenses.licx entity in the calling project.

Our ms dev- solution contains several projects, that use our GUI project that uses the syntax editor. The syntax editor was introduced 282, and this is the first upgrade where 284 is used instead.

the licenses.licx file is contained in the GUI project, and looks like this:
...Addons.Web... Version=4.0.282.0.... PublicKeyToken=####
...Addons.Web... Version=4.0.284.0.... PublicKeyToken=####
..SyntaxEditor.. Version=4.0.282.0.... PublicKeyToken=####
..SyntaxEditor.. Version=4.0.284.0.... PublicKeyToken=####

I am curious to what the problem is. (i.e. the ms team build servers doen't have the assemblies located in the GAC, but they shouldn't either as far as I understand.)
but the files are copied correctly to the new installation, and the dialog is only shown once during an upgrade, when the upgrade is rerun, it doesn't show.

And the installation doesn't display the dialog when run after the upgrade.
how do I fix that? and what could the issue be?
( this problem is observed on a window 7, 64 bit)

[Modified at 04/12/2010 08:02 AM]

Comments (5)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Thomas,

You should only include licenses.licx file entries for the build you are actually using. So when upgrading, we usually would just change 282 in that file to be 284. Then Clean Soution in VS, followed by Rebuild Solution. You shouldn't have any problems if you do that.

And you are right... if you do not have the assemblies in the GAC, everything should still work ok assuming your references are correct.

If you have any further questions on this, please email our support address directly so we can work with you.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Thomas Barkholt - Assets & Purchase Coordinator, Simcorp
Hi actipro,
I still have the issue with the dialog being shown, it could be beccause the add-on have not been installed on my machine, since I cannot download it from your support site.
how should i move forward?
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thomas, we are replying to your support ticket. Please keep all the related questions in replies to that ticket so they are in one place and can be answered properly.

The SyntaxEditor control download includes the add-on.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Polina Despotova

Hello,

What was the resolution of your problem? We have the same issue. The same error message is displayed.

Thank you,

Polina

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Polina,

For licensing issues, please email our sales address directly and we will work with you there to get you up and running.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.