TDI with UserControl and switcher

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by miky
Version: 9.2.0515
Hello,
I have a TDI layout where the documents are UserControls.
The UserControl contains a DockSite with 2 toolwindows (a code window and design window similar to Visual Studio).

When then code toolwindow have the focus and user presses CTRL+TAB a switcher is shown allowing the user to switch between the code and design windows instead of between document tabs.

If the main window is focused and the user presses CTRL+TAB there's no problem at all.

So my question is, how can I show the main window switcher instead of the UserControl switcher.

Thanks in advance,
Miky.

Comments (5)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Miky,

Did you try to set the DockSite.Switcher on the nested DockSites to be "{x:Null}" in your XAML for them?

Actipro Software Support

Thank you for your reply,
Yes I have already tried to set the nested DockSite.Switcher to {x:Null} and what i get is that no switcher is shown at all when an inner control has the focus and I press CTRL+TAB

Thanks again,
Miky
Miky,

Could you make a simple sample project that shows the issue, ZIP it up, and email it over? That way we can have a look. Please don't include any .exe files in your ZIP. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

I have sent the attachment by email.
My assigned ticket number is: [1DC-135760AA-7264]
Hi Miky,

Thanks, we've updated the code for the WPF Studio 2010.1 release that just came out so that if you specifically set the nested DockSite's Switcher="{x:Null}" in XAML then your scenario will work.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.