Docking display shows unpleasant temporary ghosts area

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 14 years ago by 7Alpha7
Version: 2.0.0109
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows Vista (32-bit)
I've chosen to tag it as a bug because it's part of the layout framework so it should be as perfect as possible regarding what the user is seeing when using the docking system. Everything works fine with docking documents and tool windows, except few things I don't like to see when the interface is changing from state :

=> if you undock a tool window and give it a path in the screen in order to dock it somewhere, you'll see potential anchors appearing here and there but they don't disappear completely and let some parts of greyed hashed lines where they appeared previously
=> if you resize the main window you'll see between docked toolwindows and documents big black squared taking temporarely the size beeing modified
=> if you change the active document on a tab container, you'll see the border of the auto hidden tool window container drawing temporary vertical lines
=> if you close the main window you'll have to wait a rather long time the dock system disposes everything and one can see in direct live things closing here and there, with all the kind of ghosts previously mentioned
=> the layout system is a bit slow for some tasks (resizing, closing)

all this is somewhat ugly and I would have expected for a mature release as UIStudio to be cleaned from such things.

Comments (2)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
When testing we're really only seeing the hashed line issue occasionally showing up. We'll mark that down to look into further but it seems to be sporadic as to when it occurs so it could be tricky to track down.

For the auto-hide window container lines, we're not seeing that. Can you give detailed steps on how to repro that with our sample?

For the other things if you have child controls that can take a while to redraw on layout updates, then perhaps that is contributing to those. Our sample goes pretty fast and isn't reproing any of those, at least on the machine I'm using to test.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by 7Alpha7
You're right. I cannot see this in your samples. I tried also with one of my app using UIStudio and everything was fine. In fact I have one app working in conjonction with UIStudio and WPFStudio. For this app, I have some very lightweight tool windows and doccuments. I can see the problems of tool windows drawing temporary vertical or horizontal lines when I change from active document, if the document is hosting a WPF Syntax Editor through an ElementHost. I also can see some drawing troubles when resizing the main window, or when splitting the main window with a vertical or horizontal split and then changing the documents from tab container.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.