Ribbon Application Button

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Bruno - Software Engineer, I.F.P.
Hi,

I just updated Actipro to version 10.1.521.0. I want my application to display a large ApplicationButton in the top left corner, as in the previous versions.

So I found out about UseScenicLayout and other stuff, and wrote the following RibbonWindow and Ribbon (note that no icon is specified in the RibbonWindow):

<ribbon:RibbonWindow
        x:Class="PlateformeWpf.AppMain.Views.ShellView"
        x:Name="mainWindow"
        ApplicationName="{MyApplication_Title}"
        WindowState="Maximized" MinWidth="400" MinHeight="400" Height="600" Width="800">

<ribbon:Ribbon
            UseScenicLayout="False"
            IsApplicationButtonVisible="False"
            ApplicationButtonImageSource="{MyApplication_LargeIcon}">
It seems to work : a large icon as expected, but unfortunately the default window icon is displayed in the task bar.

If I specify an icon in the RibbonWindow as follows, the task bar will show my application icon, but an extra small icon is displayed left to the large application icon.

<ribbon:RibbonWindow
        x:Class="PlateformeWpf.AppMain.Views.ShellView"
        x:Name="mainWindow"
        ApplicationName="{MyApplication_Title}"
        Icon="{MyApplication_SmallIcon}"
        WindowState="Maximized" MinWidth="400" MinHeight="400" Height="600" Width="800">
Can you please help me ?
Thanks in advance.
Bruno

Comments (5)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bruno,

If you take out the IsApplicationButtonVisible="False" setting on your Ribbon it should work right.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for your answer, it helped me dig a little further.

It seems that the problem is directly linked to the fact that I'm using two ribbons in the main window : the first one for options that must always be available, and the other for the "contextual" options and features.

It worked fine with previous version 9.2.0515, but went wrong with latest 10.1.0521. The application displays a second application icon.

I built a small example project that I can email you if necessary.

Is there a way to get rid of this second icon, or is there a way to display the two zones (with the first one being always available) with only one ribbon ?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Bruno
Hi Bruno,

Please email us your sample project. That would be helpful so that we can see exactly what you are doing and perhaps offer advice. Don't include any .exe files in your ZIP.

Actipro Software Support

Hi Bill,

The solution is somewhat odd, but it works perfectly !!!
Thanks a lot !!!

Best regards,
Bruno

You know what? I'm happy! (Señor Droopy de la Guadalupe)
It was since RibbonWindow ties itself to a single Ribbon. By flipping the order of the Ribbons we ensure it ties itself to the one that you'd want it to attach to.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.