Two questions about beta

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by I-DotNET
Version: 10.1.0521
My company is considering using your SyntaxEditor (WPF version) for the next release of our product and I have two questions:

1 - Is there a list of features that are missing from the beta (which are planned for the RTM)?

2 - Do you have any estimate (or even guestimate) as to when will the .NET 4.0 version will be available?

Thanks!

Comments (1)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello, even though we have it flagged as beta, it's really at full production quality and stability. We just have the beta tag on it right now until we get grammar/AST features implemented, which is the next feature area we plan on working on after the release of the Silverlight version.

Our WPF SyntaxEditor is definitely the most robust control of its type by far that is available and has a lot of features found in the VS 2010 code editor already. We have plans to be adding grammar/AST functionality next, which will then enable us to port over the language add-ons we have in the WinForms version. After that we'll be doing IntelliPrompt parameter info, code snippets, etc.

SyntaxEditor for WPF targets .NET 3.5 SP1 right now and is fully compatible with .NET 4.0. There should be no problems with using it in a .NET 4.0 application.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 7 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.