Adding a column header in SyntaxEditor

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by James Deadman
Version: 10.1.0521
Hi,

We need to add a margin header to the SyntaxEditor to enable us to (a) resize the margins, and (b) display margin titles above each margin.

Initially i added a header control above the entire SyntaxEditor control in our layout, which was fine until i split the SyntaxEditor control into 4-way. Then the column header was across the entire SyntaxEditor control rather than above each individual SyntaxEditor splitter view.

May i please ask how i might add my header control above each individual split view when the SyntaxEditor is split? We have the blueprint source and so if necessary im happy to add in a modification to achieve this. (E.g. inserting an additional panel somewhere in the EditorView?).

I had a quick look at the blueprint source but im not too sure how/where to do this. I need to add this in somehow but wasnt sure where to begin. If i can the header then i can link it up to the margins.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
James

Comments (3)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi James,

I'd recommend just making an editor view margin positioned to the top that has the column control in it. That API is completely public and we have some quickstarts on how to make custom editor margins. So check those out. They will be created for each view, so you'll get new ones even for the split views.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by James Deadman
Thanks very much for your reply and help.

Thats a great idea, i had forgotten that its possible to have a horizontal margin within the editor views.

I never considered placing a control within a margin, but i guess its just a case of having a member control within the margin class that fits to the size of the margin?

Thanks!
James
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes the margins are controls themselves so you can put anything in them and have the content size to them.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.