getting started with SyntaxEditor / MGrammar sample project

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Andy Haines
Version: 10.1.0522
I apologize for the newbie question:

I'm trying to get the MGrammarIntegration-CSharp.VS2010 project up and running. I've installed the latest Oslo SDK and have references to Xaml.dll and System.Dataflow.dll in my project. I added the compiled Simple.mx as an embedded resource (I'm guessing this is the correct thing to do) in the project and now want to set up the DynamicParser in the MainWindow.xaml.cs file. I think (contrary to the code in the current example), I want to do something like the following:

DynamicParser parser = DynamicParser.LoadFromResource(System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetName().Name, "Simple.mx");

but this doesn't appear to work. (The example calls LoadFromStream and this isn't a valid call on a DynamicParser object)

Any help/hints would be appreciated.

Comments (3)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Andy,

Please note which version of Oslo our add-on supports. The readme and our documentation should indicate it.

Microsoft made some big breaking changes a bit ago and we haven't had a chance to update our add-on to work with their updates yet (they removed some things we were using). Since you have the latest Oslo, it won't work with that.

We do plan on trying to update the add-on in the near future however getting SyntaxEditor for Silverlight out is our top priority at the moment.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Andy Haines
Thank you! That explains it.
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Just a quick note to let you know we'll have our add-on updated for the latest SQL Server Modeling CTP in the next WPF Studio maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 3 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.