Posted 14 years ago by Aristo - Senior Team Leader, Petrolink Services
Version: 10.1.0522
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
Hi Everyone,

Using WPF Studio 514, I am trying to migrate application from XBAP to WPF Windows application. The application use PRISM model.

I always got the following error on runtime. I have tried to add Licenses.licx to all projects using ActiPro but still get the same error.

System.ComponentModel.LicenseException: An instance of type 'ActiproSoftware.Products.Docking.DockingLicenseToken' was being created, and a valid license could not be granted for the type 'ActiproSoftware.Products.Docking.DockingLicenseToken'. Please, contact the manufacturer of the component for more information.
at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.Validate(Type type, Object instance)
at ActiproSoftware.Products.Docking.DockingLicenseToken..ctor(Object owner)
at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.DockSite.OnLoaded(Object A_0, RoutedEventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

Trying to replicate the problem using very simple application (no Prism) is futile. Is there any thing special need to do for this Prism model with the license? The same application was working in XBAP environment.

EDIT:Altough I am using build 522 now, the respective application still use build 514. I have ensured that the license.licx used is correct.

[Modified at 05/18/2010 06:29 AM]

Comments (1)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello, please note that the XBAPs use a different licensing mechanism than WPF apps do since they had security restrictions. If you have followed all the steps in the "Applying WPF Licenses after Purchase" documentation topic and still have problems, please email our support address so we can work with you directly to figure out the problem.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.