Problem with DocumentWindow / SyntaxEditor

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Evan
Version: 10.1.0522
Good afternoon,

I've begun development on a sort of in-house IDE that makes use of the Actipro Docking / MDI assembly and have run into a puzzling exception. The IDE's editor windows inherit from DocumentWindow and each contain a SyntaxEditor control.

To get the exception to be thrown, I create an instance of ScriptDocumentWindow (which inherits from DocumentWindow), associate it with my DockSite, and activate it. The tabbed document window shows up with its SyntaxEditor and everything works great. I then close the document window and open a new one, following the same creation process. It, too, shows up properly; however, if I try to modify the content of the second document window's syntax editor, I get the following exception:

The specified Visual is not a descendant of this Visual.

I'm stumped. I've done as much digging as I can and have yet to find anything indicative of the root cause. Any help you can offer is appreciated.

Thanks,
Evan

Comments (1)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Evan,

We'd need to see a simple sample project that shows this happening to be able to help. Please make one that only shows this issue and email it to our support address. Please make sure you don't include any .exe files in your ZIP.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.