Posted 14 years ago by Iurii Gazin
Version: 4.0.0284
Hi, how can I save parsed syntaxEditor data? I do not need to allow parsing data everytime syntaxeditor is open file, only first time, so I need to cache parsed data somehow. Is there any suggestion?

Comments (3)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Iurii,

If you are using the .NET Languages Add-on then you'd need the document's parse data to always be in sync with what text is in the document. Can you give more detail on your question because I'm not sure it would make sense to do that.

[Modified at 06/03/2010 03:22 PM]

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Iurii Gazin
Yes, I`ll take care of sync. For example, as I imaging this:
Every time, when I`m opening file in syntaxEditor, I`m checking cache (cache is the file on disk, so it should not be cleared between app starts). if I had opened this file before I could calc some hash on it, and use it + file name as a key. If there is no file, or saved hash number is wrong - i`ll parse it. If no - so, we had opened it before, and nothing changed - I could just take already parsed data from file and disallow parsing of it.

The idea is to improve performance of our editor, based on SyntaxEditor. I need some logic, to make editor remember already parsed data, and disallow parsing the same twice.

Question is: how can I serialize parsed data to file, so I could then deserialize it, and use it without parsing again? It is not important to serialize - could be other ways, I need just to get this behavior. Maybe SyntaxEditor supports smth, that can help me?

[Modified at 06/04/2010 09:48 AM]

[Modified at 06/04/2010 09:49 AM]
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Iurii,

Sorry but we don't have any way at the moment to serialize out parse data to a file. I can log it as a request. We do serialize reflection data from assembly references however that is a completely different set of objects so it wouldn't translate over at all to this.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.