Making a docking window visible also activates it

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Simon Sprott
Version: 2.0.0109
I want to be able to show/hide docking windows programatically.

I seem to be able hide docking windows using
ToolWindow.Close()

and show them again using
ToolWindow.Show();
ToolWindow.Activate(false);

However the activate causes them to either come to the front (if they are tabbed) or auto show (if they are auto hide windows).

Without the activate they do not appear at all, this would seem to be a bug?

Anyhow, what I want to do is be able to show the docking window again without it activating, any thoughts?

Many Thanks
Simon

Using version 2.0.109.0

Comments (3)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Simon,

If a ToolWindow was NOT active (ToolWindow.Active == false) in the layout, and you call just Activate(false), then it should open the window without selecting its tab. Calling Show() won't do anything and can be removed, that is inherited from WinForms and is not related to UIStudio.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Simon Sprott
It always seems to be active before (and after) I call Show(); Activate(false);

When I Close the windows they where active (but I'm closing an group of windows and they all seem to be marked as active, even if the focus was elsewhere when I start the close).
Is there any way to do Active=false (as theres no direct setter on this property).

I would have assumed when they were closed they would become active=false?

Cheers Simon
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Simon,

Closing a docking window should be flagging it Active = false. If you are seeing differently then please email us a simple sample project showing it. Please don't include any .exe files in your ZIP.

There is no way to set Active externally since it should be getting updated properly internally.

Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.