Rounded menus?

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by SledgeHammer01
Version: 10.1.0522
Is there a TODO to support the rounded menus? I.e. bring up Word, right click to bring up a context menu... note that the menus have rounded corners. The ActiPro ones are square.

Comments (7)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
No but we'll mark that down with our notes on the Office 2010 themes. I believe that is new in 2010.

Actipro Software Support

Its in Office 2007 too.

[Modified at 06/21/2010 11:29 AM]
This has been added for the upcoming 2010.2 release.

Actipro Software Support

Hi, I just installed the 2010.2 release this morning and the rounded menus did not show up. Do I need to turn on some special flag to get them? or should they be on by default?

I also tried the ribbon demos in the browser app. I tried with both the 2007 and 2010 themes.

EDIT: Oh... I see the rounded corners are on the ribbon drop-down menus only. I.e. Buttons | Standard.

They are still missing from all the right click context menus (right click on the ribbon, right click on the ribbon tabs, right click on the document). Also, the "floaty" / mini toolbar is missing them as well.
XBAP's can't show rounded menus since the corners would render black in that case (there is no transparency allowed in XBAP popups).

We've added them to context menus and the mini-toolbar for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Andrei Paun
Hi there,

I didn't understood from your last post. Do you have support for the mini-toolbar in XBAPs?
I tried using the mini toolbar control in a XBAP and got an exception stating that i should use the mini-toolbar in conjuction with a context menu. Is there a way i can have a mini-toolbar shown without the context menu(i don't care about transparency, it could just be full opaque)?

Thank you in advance,
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Andrei,

XBAPs don't support transparency in popups. Any popup places that normally would be transparent in a similar Windows app appear as black dots in XBAPs.

Mini-toolbar's specs by Microsoft dictate that transparency effects must be used as the mouse moves closer to or away from the mini-toolbar. The user experience wouldn't be very good if it just popped up opaquely and then disappeared instantly at other times. And in addition, it would violate the Ribbon UI licensing agreement to do so. That's why we don't include support for it in XBAP.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.