Question on accelerator key / key tip algorithm

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by SledgeHammer01
Version: 10.1.0523
A few versions ago, you implemented the mechanism where the KeyTipAccessText text will be underlined in the menu text. It is my understanding that you look for the first capital letter, otherwise, the first lowercase letter. 99.9%, that works well.

I have a menu item with the text "Page Right". The 'R' is already taken by another "right" item, so we went with 'G' for the KeyTipAccessText.

We get "Pa_ge Right", although our intention was to get "Page Ri_ght" since that would make more sense.

Does your algorithm have any allowances for allowing us to mark which instance of the letter we want for the rare instances where your default algorithm misses?

Perhaps expand your algorithm to check if the letter is preceded by an underscore, and then use that instance? Even something cheezy like "2G" to use the 2nd G would work.

Comments (1)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Unfortunately we don't have anything in place now that would allow that second g to be underlined. I will add a TODO item to consider a way to allow this.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.