DLR languages - getting stated

SyntaxEditor for Silverlight Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Chad Brockman
I have an application that is cross compiled to WPF + Silverlight.

I need to add DLR language support into the UI.

Can someone give me some pointers to documentation or examples to get started?

Thanks --

Comments (6)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Chad,

Could you be a little more specific about what you are trying to achieve?

You can use our Language Designer application to create lexers for any language and thus provide syntax highlighting. And syntax languages support a lot of other features such as code outlining, parsing, ability to display IntelliPrompt UI, etc. You can look through our over 50 samples to see nearly every feature of the product in action.

Actipro Software Support

I was hoping there were some pre-defined lexer's for Python and Ruby (langproj)?

Sorry if I'm asking an odd question - the samples I've looked at seemed to be oriented around how you control all the editor features – not demos of specific languages.

Is there someplace else on I should be looking or?
Hi Chad,

There are 20+ sample languages included and Python is one of them. Check out the SDI Editor demo. You can see Python in action via the Language menu.

And also check out the documentation topic called "SyntaxEditor Reference / Free Languages" for more info.

Actipro Software Support

As a side note, we had mistakenly not included the .langproj files in the installer prior to today. We got that fixed this morning with a redeploy of build 101 that includes the .langproj files so please redownload the installer if you are missing the .langproj files in the \SampleBrowser\ProductSamples\SyntaxEditorSamples\Languages\Projects folder.

Actipro Software Support

Chad,

We've built a Ruby language definition for the next WPF Studio version (2010.2) and next Silverlight Studio release.

[Modified at 08/10/2010 10:00 AM]

Actipro Software Support

Excellent! Looking forward to it.

Regards, Chad
The latest build of this product (v18.1 build 0233) was released 4 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.