Posted 20 years ago by Mark - Greenville, SC
One, where can I get a good list of the error messages, and what might be the primary cause of them. For some reason, I keep getting the following error message:

'The tool window 'Navigation' is no longer valid for the current layout session. It happens when I call the DWToolWindow.DockTo() method. Again, I am sure it is something stupid, but can't seem to figure out what is wrong. I thought I had the Layout correct in the Layout Manager, but not sure.

Any thoughts?

Mark

Comments (2)

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Mark,

Here's the issue with that message, whenever you load a new layout or clear the layout, a new "session" is created. This means that tool window references for one session may not be used with another session because they are no longer valid. DockableWindow raises that exception when you try to use a tool window reference for a tool window in a session that is no longer valid.

To get it working you simply need to update your tool window variable references. That's typically what you do in the LayoutLoaded event handler. The sample app shows this.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 20 years ago by Mark - Greenville, SC
Interesting...that worked. What is interesting to me, is that the code in my one application 'appeared' to be the same. However, I moved the code (which originally came from your sample application) to a different place, after the LoadLayoutFromFile, and it works like a champ. Still getting use to this, but thanks again for the help.

Mark
The latest build of this product (v2.0.0208) was released 19 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.