Clicking in the editor doesn't take focus from WPF controls

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Craig - Varigence, Inc.
Version: 4.0.0281
I have an application that uses a TabbedMdiContainer with two Document Windows. One window contains a WPF DataGrid and the other contains the WinForms SyntaxEditor. If I double click a cell in the DataGrid and then click inside another WPF control, the DG cell edit ends, as expected. However, if I double click a cell in the DataGrid and then click inside the syntax editor, the DG cell remains stuck in edit mode. Is there anything I can do to prevent this behavior? Note that I can repro an analogous problem between a WPF ListBox and the SyntaxEditor; I imagine these are focus related issues.

BTW, I'm sending a sample application over that reproduces the issue.

Thanks,

-Craig

Comments (1)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Craig,

Thanks for the sample. Unfortunately I don't believe it's anything we're doing and may be a bug with the DataGrid. If you swap the WinForms SyntaxEditor with a WinForms TextBox, you'll see the same behavior. Thus it must be a focus issue with WPF interop that perhaps the DataGrid doesn't handle gracefully.

You may be able to watch the WindowActivated event and manually move focus in that case.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.