Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by joe sweeney - Technology Officer, TyTags Australia
Version: 10.1.0523
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (32-bit)
Upon adding a new Int32EditBox to my XAML, I have the following:

<editors:Int32EditBox Name="Int32EditBox1" />

I add a tag for a ValueChanged event as follows:

<editors:Int32EditBox Name="Int32EditBox1" ValueChanged="" /> and press tab to auto generate the event routine in code behind.

However, this returns an error message": Ensure Event Error"

In the code behind I see the following code has been generated (vb.net):

Private Sub Int32EditBox1_ValueChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object , ByVal e As ActiproSoftware.Windows.PropertyChangedRoutedEventArgs`1[[System.Nullable`1[[System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]], mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]])

End Sub

which in turn results in an error for the generated sub (too few parameters.

I can work around this manually, but am not sure what the event handling sub shuold look like / the types to be passed.

Can you please provide a sample in vb.net.

Thanks guys!

------------------------------------------ For all your label, tag and signage needs.

Comments (1)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Joe,

Visual Studio has a bug where it doesn't handle two levels of generics in event arguments even though it is perfectly valid code.

The output probably should be something like this:
Private Sub Int32EditBox1_ValueChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As ActiproSoftware.Windows.PropertyChangedRoutedEventArgs(Of Nullable(Of Integer))

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.