Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by joe sweeney - Technology Officer, TyTags Australia
Version: 10.1.0523
Platform: Silverlight Controls
Environment: Windows 7 (32-bit)
Upon adding a new Int32EditBox to my XAML, I have the following:

<editors:Int32EditBox Name="Int32EditBox1" />

I add a tag for a ValueChanged event as follows:

<editors:Int32EditBox Name="Int32EditBox1" ValueChanged="" /> and press tab to auto generate the event routine in code behind.

However, this returns an error message": Ensure Event Error"

In the code behind I see the following code has been generated (vb.net):

Private Sub Int32EditBox1_ValueChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object , ByVal e As ActiproSoftware.Windows.PropertyChangedRoutedEventArgs`1[[System.Nullable`1[[System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]], mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]])

End Sub

which in turn results in an error for the generated sub (too few parameters.

I can work around this manually, but am not sure what the event handling sub shuold look like / the types to be passed.

Can you please provide a sample in vb.net.

Thanks guys!

------------------------------------------ For all your label, tag and signage needs.

Comments (1)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Joe,

Visual Studio has a bug where it doesn't handle two levels of generics in event arguments even though it is perfectly valid code.

The output probably should be something like this:
Private Sub Int32EditBox1_ValueChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As ActiproSoftware.Windows.PropertyChangedRoutedEventArgs(Of Nullable(Of Integer))

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2018.1 build 0675) was released 15 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.