Tooltip sizing incorrect

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by SledgeHammer01
Version: 10.1.0523
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
The ribbon tooltips are often sized incorrectly. They often leave a ton of empty space on the right.

You can easily see this in the Document Editor (like Word) sample.

1) mouse over the Paste button, you can see the tooltip is sized properly.
2) mouse over the Italic button, you can see the tooltip has about 1 1/2" of empty space on the right.

NOTE: I see in Word 2007, that Office has this same issue (with leaving a ton of empty space on the right). Is this something in the style guidelines?

IMHO, it would look a lot nicer if the tooltip was sized better to the content, but thats just me :).

Buttons like Increase Font / Decrease Font that take up about 50% of the width look a bit silly with this "bug / feature".

Comments (2)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi,

Our product meets the screen tip width requirements specified by Microsoft to be compliant with their Ribbon UI licensing:

* ScreenTips MUST be displayed at one of two possible fixed-width sizes, one for ScreenTips that contain an image (318 pixels wide at 96 dpi) and one for ScreenTips that do not contain an image (210 pixels at 96 dpi).
* The width of ScreenTips MUST NOT change as a result of the amount of text displayed on the ScreenTip.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by SledgeHammer01
Ah, Ok, I was wondering if that was in the guidelines.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.