Can't add data bound item to Quick Access Toolbar

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Keith I
Version: 10.1.0523
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
If an item is created in the ribbon using data-binding then that item can't be added to the quick access toolbar.

Using your sample RibbonSamples/QuickStart/DataBoundMenu/, if you left-click the popup button and then right-click one of the data-bound items and choose "Add to Quick Access Toolbar", then the "parent" popup button gets added to the QAT. However, if you add one of the non-data-bound items it works correctly.

Comments (3)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Keith,

We just added some improvements for adding data bound properties to the cloned objects in the QAT, which will appear in the 2010.2 version.

However if you would like to email us a simple sample project showing the issue, we can do a check to see if our updates handle your scenario. Please make sure you rename the ZIP file extension on your attachment.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Keith I
Thanks for the reply. Do you have a timeframe for the 2010.2 release.

Your sample "RibbonSamples/QuickStart/DataBoundMenu" shows up the issue.
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Keith,

We're trying to get WPF Studio 2010.2 out in September.

I'm sorry I misread your original post. No this isn't supported at this time. The reason is a cloning issue. Basically in the scenario you mentioned we are trying to clone a ribbon:Button that is bound to a data item. The problem there is that if we do so, the ribbon:Button will clone but there is no more DataContext available to it so its Label ends up being empty. When you clone the ribbon:PopupButton, on the other hand, it is the thing that contains the DataContext so everything still remains functional.

We experimented today with code that would look for inherited DataContexts and would make local instances of their values on the cloned control, however that will likely lead to problems in the cases where we are cloning the parent ribbon:PopupButton since now the inherited DataContext gets wiped out in the ribbon:Button items.

So I'm not sure if making any change would be a good idea right now for this, unless we can find some logic to determine when and when not to set a local value for the DataContext.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.