Posted 20 years ago by MH - California
Does the following make sense as a potential new event on DWManager?

The concept is that my application wishes to preserve the layouts of the tool windows on a per-document window basis. So I essentially want to store the DWManager.LayoutData XML in a hash table keyed off the category of the active document window (i.e. all .BMP editor window instances get one layout, while the .XML editors get another).

I believe my only option currently is to get the .LayoutData every time a different document window becomes active, even if the user has made no changes to the layout.

The alternative I would propose is a new event on DWManager that fired every time the .LayoutData is changed through a gesture or basic tool window activation API. This would be different from the existing events that get fired when explicitly setting the .LayoutData property or calling LoadLayoutFromFile().

I guess it boils down to being a push vs. pull approach to the problem.

Thanks for any tips,
Mark

Comments (1)

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Mark,

You can probably handle the ActiveDocumentChanged event. That fires when the document changes.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2.0.0208) was released 19 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.