Regular Expression Replacement bug?

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Matt Whitfield
Version: 4.0.0285
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (32-bit)
Hello

If I load up the sample SDI editor application, go to the Find/Replace dialogue, enter the search text '\n\n' and the replacement text '\n', and click 'Use regular expressions' then the replaced text, instead of replacing two line feeds with a single line feed, it replaces two line feeds with the literal text '\n'.

Obviously I have replicated this in code, but I haven't created a sample app specifically to demonstrate - please let me know if you would like me to do that.

I have just upgraded to .285 but this doesn't seem to fix it - and I'm reasonably sure this bug wasn't there in previous versions?

Thanks

Matt

Comments (5)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Matt,

Thanks for reporting this, we've fixed it for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Matt Whitfield
Brilliant, thanks :)
Posted 13 years ago by Matt Whitfield
Do you have any idea on when the next maintenance version will be out? Or is there any way to work around the issue in the mean time? My customer is a bit jittery...
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Matt,

We're aiming for the next couple weeks. We're trying to tie up a few things first.

Sorry but unfortunately I don't think there is a workaround short of going back to v4.0.0283 or earlier.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Matt Whitfield
Ok, no worries - thanks.

I depend on some post 283 functionality, so I'll wait :)

Thanks!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.