Navigation Pane 2010 style.

Navigation for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by JDEV
This is further to the "Title Missing Office 2010 Themes" topic.

Are there any plans to make the NavigationBar look like Office 2010. I am comparing your Outlook UI demo (running with 2010 theme) with Outlook 2010.

A couple of differences:
1. Title area. Title text should no longer display but should allow collapsing. The current release blanks out the title but keeps displaying blank in order to allow the collapse arrow. The collapse arrow needs to merge into the area below.

2. Expanders (Favorites, Mail Folders). These are currently displayed per Outlook 2007. In Outlook 2010 they are displayed as collapsible tree nodes. The treeview seems to be visually only as they act like expanders. You should be able to handle this with visual effects.

Alternately you could give tips on styling Navigation bar, but I'd prefer to use the NavigationBar "out-of-the-box" and just set the theme.

I'd appreciate any comments.

Comments (1)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi, the most recent updates do have NavigationBar looking pretty much like the Office 2010 bar.

For the two differences, we can add TODO item to possibly add an option to make the minimize button float above content instead of retaining space.

For the expanders, we made those have Office 2010 colors and left those in there for now since they are needed for Office 2007 styles that we still support. I believe in Office 2010 they no longer use those kinds of expanders within the Mail nav pane and that the entire area there is a just TreeView. By using a TreeView instead of the expanders you should be able to duplicate its look.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.