Posted 20 years ago by Marianne
Have a typical app:
Toolwindows (autohide) and document containers hosting SyntaxEditor controls. On Win2K machines, after minimizing and subsequently restoring, the bottom section of the SyntaxEditor control is cut off so there is no horiz scroll bar and the bottom section of the control is behind the autohide windows.

This doesn't happen on XP. Any ideas? Thanks.

------------------------------- Marianne

Comments (6)

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I imagine there has to be a problem with the painting invalidation code. Can you send me a 16-color screenshot of this?

Actipro Software Support

Just emailed you some before/after shots.

What's the current status of this issue? Thanks.

I spent a couple hours on this and was unable to duplicate it on my end. I was using a Win2K machine (our only one) although it has .NET 2.0 beta on it.

From the images you sent us, it appears like the layout of the control is wrong within the tool window area. Do you have a UserControl that wraps the SyntaxEditor control? If you look at your screenshot you can see that the lower part of the SyntaxEditor control seems to extend beyond the bottom of its parent control.

If that is the case then you might want to look at whether you are resizing the SyntaxEditor control correctly within your UserControl when the UserControl is resized.

Actipro Software Support

I am not using a UserControl to wrap the SyntaxEditor control. The SyntaxEditor control is what gets put directly into the document window.

In the before shot, everything works and functions as expected. In the after shot, the problem is that the document window is not respecting it's boundaries and/or is disregarding the boundaries of the toolwindows.

I'm not sure what you mean about the toolwindows being incorrectly laid out--it appears to be a problem with the document windows, not the toolwindows.

Sorry... typo. Yes I meant that it didn't seem to be resizing within the document window appropriately. I tried putting a SyntaxEditor directly inside a document window and couldn't duplicate what your screenshot showed.

Can you try wrapping the editor with another control, like a UserControl just as a test?

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2.0.0208) was released 19 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.