Old versions still listed as a reference

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by David Sherwood
Version: 10.2.0531
I have uninstalled all versions except 10.2.532 yet the old versions still show up in Visual Studio when I ask for a new reference. I get every product listed 4 times ( 9.2.515, 10.1.521, 10.1.522, and 10.2.522). How can I get these uninstalled versions removed?

Comments (7)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi David,

That's odd, are they still listed in the GAC? Are they still in the Program Files folders for those version?

Actipro Software Support

Yes they are. But not in the start menu. Should I just delete the program folders?
Yes you can delete the program files for the older versions. And remove them from the GAC if they are still there too.

Actipro Software Support

What is a GAC?
Ok, deleting the program folders did the trick. I guess I don't have them in the GAC, whatever that is. So why didn't uninstall delete them?
Hi David,

The GAC is the Global Assembly Cache, typically your c:\windows\assembly folder. I'm not sure why uninstall didn't get them, it does remove them for us when we do our install/uninstall tests.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for the info.
The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0683) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.