QAT Customization Issues

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Norbert Gesell
Version: 10.2.0531
Hello,

the current implementation of the Ribbon QAT, together with the sample code for a customization dialog, has IMHO two weaknesses:

1) A category "Not in the ribbon" (like in Office2010) is missing. Thus, commands (like e.g "Undo") which are NOT in a ribbon, will disappear from QAT forever when they are deselected in the dialog (given these commands are not in the "common items" list).
I would suggest to support such a category in the future.

2) Collecting ControlReferences does not work very well if you allow the same command in more than one tab. This will probably happen if you work with different contextual tabs for different objects, providing commands like e.g. "Delete from database" or "Print Preview" for each of these objects. The result is that the same command can have multiple resource references, making it almost impossible to prevent the QAT from duplicate command icons.
I would suggest to better collect "CommandReferences" instead of ControlReferences.

Regards,
D. Peters (crew of Mr. Gesell)

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Norbert,

1) For this, couldn't you just create your own custom RibbonControlCustomizationCategory and pass a new unused Tab with the items on it to the constructor? Then use that along with the ones that Ribbon gives you to initialize the customize dialog. We haven't tried that but offhand I would think it would work.

2) It would be helpful if you could make a very simple sample project that shows this and email it to us. Please rename the ZIP so it doesn't get spam blocked and also don't include any .exe files in it. Thanks!

[Modified at 11/05/2010 03:30 PM]

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.