Scenic Style with Orb

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Auðunn Baldvinsson - Tolvumidlun
Version: 10.2.0532
Hi,
I have a customer who had a somewhat strange request/question. Is it possible to have a sort of merge between the Office 2007 style Orb and the 2010 scenic style tab?
The thing is he likes the visual emphasis on the application logo (orb) in the 2007 style but also the function and style of the new scenic file tab and would like to use scenic, but somehow have the orb there also.
The orb would behave in the same way, that is open the backstage just like the file tab.

Comments (4)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello, actually we already fully support that mixing of styles. You can use Backstage like normal and then set UseScenicLayout = false on the Ribbon to achieve it.

If you run our Document Editor demo, go to Ribbon Demos tab and uncheck Use Scenic Layout, you can see it.

Actipro Software Support

I had seen that in the demo and it looks good. What I am talking about is more like a merge of the two styles where you would have both the Orb and the File tab visible at the same time.
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Oh I see, sorry we don't support that. I wouldn't think that it would be a good design decision to do that anyhow since it would be confusing to the customers who have used either of the Office versions in the past. Plus it would probably go against the Microsoft licensing agreement for Ribbon.

Actipro Software Support

I agree totally. Thank you for clearing that up.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.