Change Line Editor Background ReadOnly

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Jonathan Reis
Is it possible to change "SyntaxEditorBackgroundReadOnlyBrushKey" without resorting the themes? I just want to change this one color.

Thanks.

Comments (6)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jonathan,

Sorry but for now you must set that brush override in your Application.Resources to change it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by CodyVanZant
Could you provide more details as to how to accomplish this? Maybe, which Brush it is?
Hello,

You would need to place a line, such as this, in your application resources in XAML:
<SolidColorBrush x:Key="{x:Static themes:SyntaxEditorCommonDictionary.SyntaxEditorBackgroundReadOnlyBrushKey}" Color="Red" />
The themes xmlns is defined as:
xmlns:themes="http://schemas.actiprosoftware.com/winfx/xaml/themes"
Please let us know if you have further questions.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by CodyVanZant
When I release this to a machine other than my development machine it cannot find this theme. How do I redistribute these themes?
Perhaps you aren't deploying all the assemblies you need? Make sure to include our Shared assembly in addition to the SyntaxEditor ones.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Blake Niemyjski - Wisconsin
Hello,

I feel that this should be made into a property that can be set at run-time. Currently if our document is opened and it is read-only, we need to look up the default background color of the vs editor and update the background color.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.