LL Parser debugger

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Tibit
Version: 10.2.0532
Hello!

You have a really great framework for the syntax editor, it seems to be exactly what I was looking for. I really like it so far :)

I'm implementing a new language using the syntax editor. And I figured it could be useful to make use of the LL Parser Debugger in the Language Designer, however I cannot get it to work. I haven't built the language using the Language Designer, instead I did it manually by following the quick-start guide and the documentation.

I have extracted my language to it's own project, importing this dll or the exe only yields the result that "No non-abstract classes that implement ILLParser was found in the assembly". I have compiled it in both 3.5 and 4.0 also tried the config-file fix for 4.0, both using dll and exe. I do extend ParserBase, I also tried implementing ILParser directly in a wrapper class.

Another non-important issue is that I do not get Intellisense comments from the assemblies. Is this possible to get?

In case it is related, I include (References):
ActiproSoftware.Shared.Wpf351
ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Wpf351
ActiproSoftware.TestLLParser.Wpf351
ActiproSoftware.Text.Wpf351
I got the dll's from the Assembly folder in Actipro's Installation Folder, and copied them to my project directory.

Comments (2)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi there,

The other requirement that we'll add to the messagebox is that the class also has a parameterless constructor. Perhaps that is what you are missing?

The Intellisense comments come from the .xml files for each .dll. So make sure you copy those too.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Tibit
Thanks for the quick answer, comments work now, it was the xml's :)

I did have parameters in both my Grammar and Parser class, yet that did not solve the problem, then I realized that my Parser class wasn't set to public!

It works now! :)
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.