QuickInfo for text out of view, then scrolled in doesn't wor

SyntaxEditor for Silverlight Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Christel
Version: 10.2.0105
Hi,
again I hope for your appreciated help:
According to your sample for a QuickInfoProvider (IntelliPrompt-QuickStarts-QuickInfo) I implemented the same for my purpose.
The text in the editor is very long and therefore, not all text is shown, part of the line has to be scrolled in.
Now the problem:

For all the text that is shown at the first glance I got a quick info. Those text to which I first have to scroll and then try to get a quick info - I didn't get any. There will be no RequestSession triggered.

You can try it with your own example: (IntelliPrompt-QuickStarts-QuickInfo)
You have the line:
"function displayScreenPixelCount(screenWidth, screenHeight)"
Make the editor so small, that yo can see only the part
"function displayScreenPixelCount(screenWidth,"
Switch to another sample then again to this view.
Try to get QuickInfo for "screenWidth" and other words seen. That works.
Then scroll to the word "screenHeight" and try to get a QuickInfo: you will not get one.
Only when you make the editor window as large as you can see the whole text, then quick infos will be provided for all of the text.
Is that a bug or how can I fix this?

Thanks!

Comments (3)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Christel,

Thanks for reporting this. There appears to be a bug in the hit testing code quick info uses when the view is scrolled right. We've fixed it for the next build.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Christel
Hi,
an what exactly did you fix? I have the same problem in my application and would like to know, how to fix it. Or when can I get the next build?
I have to finish this until end of week, so I need a solution quite fast.
Thanks in advance for help!
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Christel,

Sorry but it is an internal hit testing issue that only shows up when the editor is scrolled over showing content that normally wouldn't be visible. So the result Type passed in IHitTestResult to IQuickInfoProvider.GetContext(IHitTestResult) is wrong in that scenario.

You may be able to override that method in your code and attempt to work around the error scenario until the next build. The next build probably won't be out until mid-December.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v18.1 build 0233) was released 4 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.