Posted 13 years ago by Sergio Freitas
Version: 4.0.0285
Platform: .NET 2.0
Environment: Windows Vista (32-bit)
Hi,

I'm using VB.Net Add-On + WinForm Control and I have a class with a Default Property:

Public Class ccolTest

Inherits System.Collections.CollectionBase

Public Property subcolTest As ccolTest

Default Public Overloads Property Item(ByVal index As Integer) As String
        Get
            Return List(index)
        End Get
        Set(ByVal Value As String)
            List(index) = Value
        End Set
    End Property

End Class
When use a variable of this type the intelliprompt and intellisense works fine after ( char:

Sub MySub()
        Dim dpTestObj As New ccolTest
        dpTestObj( '<----trigger
    End Sub
But if I have a property of this type the editor don't show the intelliprompt and shows a wrong member-list:

Sub MySub()
        Dim dpTestObj As New ccolTest
        dpTestObj.subcolTest( '<---- do not trigger 
        dpTestObj.subcolTest(0). '<---- shows wrong member-list
    End Sub
Thanks in advance.

Comments (5)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Sergio,

Thanks for reporting this. We did some investigation and found that we're running into issues here due to ambiguity with the VB language on how indexers, methods, and arrays all use parenthesis so it's tricky to know what a particular syntax is attempting to reference, unlike in C# where it's clear.

In this particular scenario, it looks like we'd need to do a lot of internal restructuring to resolve the ambiguity and handle it properly. We are going to be starting a reworking of our internal context building engine in the next several weeks now that we have begun work on the WPF/Silverlight version of the add-on. I'm writing down this scenario on our TODO list to make sure we handle it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Sergio Freitas
I did the same test with an older version (v4.0.0282) of the SintaxEditor, and in this version the problem doesnt occur.
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes but that was probably an unintended side effect of other features not working correctly yet, that we have enhanced since then.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 7 years ago by Wang Jian

The latest build of this product (2016.1 build 0330) still exist this bug.

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello, yes the WinForms version of SyntaxEditor still has old resolver code where one of those examples doesn't work.  The examples above all work in our newer codebase in the WPF version.  We are going to look into possibly backporting our WPF SyntaxEditor codebase back to WinForms so that everything is on the same improved codebase.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.