Bug?, Ribbon Focus Scope

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Jon Cain - Software Architect, AutoMon Corporation
Version: 10.2.0532
I have a ribbon window (+ribbon) and a data entry form in the content area. When I tab through the fields in the data entry form, upon leaving the last field, the focus scope changes to the ribbon and I have to press escape to get back to the data entry form. Is there a way to prevent the ribbon from accepting focus?

This behavior exists in the Sample Browser under QuickStarts->Customizing the QAT. Note, you have to set the focus to a control that doesn't accept tabs.

Thanks,

- Jon

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jon,

You could probably repro this with a simple native WPF ToolBar control too if it's happening with Ribbon since both controls just set themselves as separate focus scopes.

If the control in the content area doesn't accept tabs then perhaps what you describe is how WPF keyboard processing handles the scenario. You might try experimenting with the various KeyboardNavigation attached properties on a container in the content area to try to constrain focus.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 0 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.