Dragging out of the syntax editor

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Jonathan Reis
In most text editors the mouse cursor changes to an arrow when over highlighted text. The highlighted text can then be dragged (to another control). I'm wondering if there is a property which enables this type of behavior in the SE? If not, can I get the rectangle/path for the selected text?

Comments (7)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jonathan,

We have drag/drop support on the TODO list, but first we are working on the .NET Languages Add-on, which has been most requested by our customers. I'll add this post to our TODO item to let you know when we have it complete.

In the meantime, there are methods like IEditorView.GetCharacterBounds that give you the bounds of a specific character. And there is a powerful hit testing method for determining what is under the mouse.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Markus Hütter - Kunert Business Software
Would you please consider raising the priority on this?
I saw another post in the forum asking for drag/drop and we need it too. I don't want to spend time on implementing some custom drag/drop functionality, if you implement this two weeks from now.
do you have any information on when this will be working? within days/weeks/months?
Hi Markus,

In general, we're trying to work on features in order of how many customers request them. Right now the top request is the .NET Languages Add-on so we're currently focusing on that, which is a very massive effort.

Drag/drop support is one of the top new feature requests after that. We'll try and get to it after we get past the first .NET Languages Add-on milestone, but there might be a couple other features done first. So it likely will still be several weeks.

Actipro Software Support

it has been months now. Still no Drag/Drop support???
Sorry Markus, the automated IntelliPrompt features for the .NET Languages Add-on are taking more time than we initially expected to complete. We're working on those daily though.

Drag/drop is among the very top core control features we plan on implementing after the add-on code is completed.

Actipro Software Support

Just FYI... per this blog post, drag and drop has been implemented for the WPF SyntaxEditor in its upcoming 2011.2 version:
http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post/2011/08/24/SyntaxEditor-Drag-and-Drop.aspx

Actipro Software Support

Thank you for the note. May I ask, what 'upcoming' means? When do you plan on releasing this next version?

EDIT: nevermind, read your answer in the other thread!

[Modified at 08/31/2011 04:38 AM]
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.