Posted 13 years ago by Eli Obadia
Version: 10.2.0533
I would like to understand if te Syntax Editor is something that could help me in the application I'm developing.

My application needs an input data file from the user. Thist file is an XML file, if I add your SyntaxEditor control to my app, that will allow my user to credir/edit the XML input data file? if that is the case how and where do I define the "syntax" of the XML file my program will read? I mean something like the grammar, since there is some specific XML "format" that my program is expecting form the user?

This syntax editor is included in the WPF studio bundle?
Thanks,
Eli

Comments (3)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Eli,

Yes WPF Studio contains the SyntaxEditor control and there is a free XML syntax language definition that comes with it.

However it sounds like you want some advanced XML editing features like automated IntelliPrompt, validation, error reporting, etc. We sell a Web Languages Add-on (sold separately from WPF Studio but is only $99) that contains an advanced XML language that does all that for you. Basically you just point it to an XML schema (.xsd) file with your XML specs in it and we handle the rest. You can see that in action in the XML Editor demo.

Here's the URL for more info:
http://www.actiprosoftware.com/products/dotnet/wpf/syntaxeditor/addons/web/

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Eli Obadia
Thanks but how I can download the evaliation that includes that add-on? I don't see it her (I just see the starndard verion of the editor as part of the WPF bundle)?

Thanks,
Eli

======================================================
Step 2 - Select the Product to Download
Product Name Version Release Date
WPF Studio (for WPF)
Also includes:
WPF Essentials (bundle)
Bar Code
DataGrid
Docking & MDI
Editors
Gauge
Navigation
PropertyGrid
Ribbon
SyntaxEditor
LL(*) Parser Framework
Web Languages Add-on
ANTLR Add-on
Irony Add-on
Oslo Dataflow Add-on
Views
Wizard
Shared Library 10.2.0533 12/09/2010
Silverlight Studio (for Silverlight)
Also includes:
SyntaxEditor
LL(*) Parser Framework
Web Languages Add-on
Views
Shared Library 10.2.0105 10/21/2010
SyntaxEditor (for Windows Forms)
Also includes:
.NET Languages Add-on
Web Languages Add-on 4.0.0287 12/01/2010
UIStudio (for Windows Forms) 2.0.0111 12/01/2010
Wizard (for Windows Forms) 3.0.0144 12/01/2010
Icons (media sampler) 1.0.0010 12/17/2008
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
It's built right into the WPF Studio samples for v2010.2. If you have 2010.2 already installed then you have it. You can find the demos in the SyntaxEditor section.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.