Upgrade path for intellisense

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Matt Yaeger
I have a SE4 .xml file that I upgraded using the Language Designer. The xml file specified a lot of KeyPressTriggers to be used for intellisense. I don't see anything created for these triggers. So my question is, what is the best way to upgrade SE KeyPressTriggers?

Thanks

Comments (3)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Matt,

Correct, we didn't add key press triggers since it's pretty easy to accomplish the same thing with events. Check out the "Language Creation Guide / Event Sink Services" topic for information on services you can register on your language to be notified of certain events.

In particular, services like IEditorViewKeyInputEventSink, IEditorViewTextInputEventSink, and IEditorDocumentTextChangeEventSink might be useful as replacements for key press triggers.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Matt Yaeger
I think you misunderstood my question. I know how to add intellisense in the current version of SE. I don't want to to use triggers: I have triggers from SE4. I want to know how to migrate my SE4 triggers to the current architecture. A lot of work was done setting them up in SE4. Is there an easy way to convert these to the new architecture?
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Matt,

I think what I replied was accurate. Key press triggers just watched for a certain key to be typed and you'd handle that event. With the event sinks mentioned you can do similar things since you can watch for keys being pressed and characters being typed into the document.

If you need further help, perhaps post a small snippet and explain more about where the confusion lays. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.