Backstage: Backstage button vs. Command Button

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Martin Johnson - Minitab
Version: 10.2.0533
Hello,

I'd like to create what Microsoft refers to as "Command buttons" in a backstage tab using actipro controls. These are a little different than standard Backstage buttons (i.e. the buttons in the Info tab of Excel 2010), which were the only kinds I could find in your examples. "Command buttons" stretch both the image and the header text/description. For an example, please see the Excel 2010 Help tab.

My question is: How do I replicate this with Actipro controls? Thanks,

Martin

Comments (3)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Martin,

We don't have a built-in style for that kind of button but it's pretty easy to create using our brushes. If you look at our StyledListBox QuickStart, there is a style in there for ListBoxItem at the top. You can probably clone that and just change the brushes in the triggers where their names contain "Small" to "Large". Then retarget the template to a Button and arrange the Button's Content as appropriate to make it look like the desired buttons.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Martin Johnson - Minitab
Thank you very much for the response. I see your solution would work for the standard command button case, but we are also required to adhere to different item variant sizes based on the width of the application window. This behavior seems like it would be more significant to write. Are there any plans for Actipro to eventually add this control to their library? Otherwise we may have to proceed with writing our own item variant size behavior. Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Martin,

I'm sorry but for the near term we're working on some other products and don't have immediate plans to add additional styles.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.