Customizing the ContextualTabGroup Appearance

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Mick
I have a few questions about customizing the ContextualTab Group item with the ribbon control.

1) Is it possible to take full control over the way the gradient works? I want it to be orange, but I want a milder gradient than the one provided by default.

2) Can the ribbon area (where the groups and buttons are) have its background changed? Setting the ContextualTabGroup to orange makes the ribbon area very white, and we would like to be able to change it to a more blue tint.

3) Can the style for text for the ContextualTab group be independently changed from the tabs it contains? When I set the FontWeight property on the ContextualTabGroup like so:

<ribbon:ContextualTabGroup
   x:Name="MyContextualTab"
   Label="Contextual Tab"
   Color="{x:Static themes:RibbonCommonDictionary.ContextualTabGroupStockColorGreen}"
   IsActive="True"
   FontWeight="Bold"
   HorizontalAlignment="Center"
   >...
, it doesn't seem to affect the bar at the top, but it does affect everything within it: Example.

4) Can I make the ContextualTabGroup have a solid bar across the top like the search in Outlook 2010?

Thank you,
Mick

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mick,

It sounds like you are using an older version of Ribbon. Our latest builds have complete Office 2010 theme support that looks just like Office. Perhaps try looking at the latest builds and then post back if you still have questions.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.