Creating a HTML like editor

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Leighton Brian
Version: 4.0.0288
Hi guys,

I am taking SyntaxEdit for a spin and have been evaluating it since friday, love what I see!

We have a product written in .NET 2.0 (originally from Delphi moved to .NET 2.0) that needs to have a HTML like editor. By this I mean our browser renderer understands HTML 3,4 and XHTML but it has several extensions to the HTML syntax catered for our clients (its a forms engine for filling out medical assessments).

The editor needs to understand:
* HTML
* XHTML
* XML -> we have XSDs for 3 schemas

My concern is, how are people using the Web Addon to determine which XSD to load with the language based on the doctype? Are you loading it all into one Schema and have it in bulk? or load one XSD after maybe reading the first few lines to determine type?

Some of these forms are quite long which is why the delphi code did some black magic for strings in detecting HTML vs XHTML vs doctypes with inlining.

We also embed scripts within these forms, don't laugh, but its VBScript (its more intuitive for our userbase). Can the Web Addon handle a mix of languages like the Dynamics HTML syntax example?

We also need to have custom hinting, so if they do:

<form action=

We need the intelisense to popup with the actions as being a servlet action (Eg. /postSummary.do, /postReport.do), these are not static and can't be in the XSD as they change based on project or location the application runs from. Are these possible with the Web Addon without significant time invested on writing boiler plate code?

I would be telling our manager to purchase both Web Addon and the SyntaxEdit component - I think.

Thanks!

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Leighton,

Your best bet is probably to do a preparse and determine which XSD to load. You could do one massive one but that would end up being a bit crazy.

The XML language in the add-on wasn't designed to work in merged scenarios, so I'm not sure if you'd get some IntelliPrompt popups showing up for XML in your scripting ranges or not. You could try it and see what happens.

You might be able to tap into the the member list pre-filtering feature (see the documentation topic of that name under the add-on's docs) to populate the member list with custom dynamic data. If that doesn't work, write back and maybe we'll have another idea.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.