Chenge Background of disabled Ribbonbutton

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Kirby
Version: 11.1.0541
Hi,

how can I change the image behaviour (effect) of an disabled RibbonButton (to be more precisely of all kind of RibbonButtons (including SplitButton, etc.).

I want to desaturate the image of the button if the command is not allowed to execute (so if the button is disabled). Currently it becomes only a little transparent (which is not what the original Ribbon does). The original ribbon shows an disabled button transparent AND desaturated.

I have already an effect working but I do not know how and where to apply. Hopefully I don't have to retemplate everything completely...

With best regards

Kirby

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Kirby,

You could try making global implicit styles in your Application.Resources for types like ribbon:Button that would apply your effect via a Style.Trigger. The downside of that (if it works) is that it would apply to the text and borders as well. I don't believe there would be a way to apply it directly and only to images within the templates globally.

If that doesn't work then it probably would require retemplating of all the controls.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.