Installing WpfStudio side by side

WPF Studio, Themes, and Shared Library for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Craig - Varigence, Inc.
Version: 10.2.0533
For one of products, we need to have a servicing branch that uses an older version of WPF Studio, while our main branch uses the latest version. Is it possible to have both versions of WPF Studio installed side-by-side on a box so our machines can run both the older and newer versions of our products? If not, do you have recommendations for supporting backward compatability? Can we install the latest version, but use the older DLLs where necessary, without getting the Actipro pop-up at runtime?

Thanks,

-Craig

Comments (3)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Craig,

If they are different major/minor versions (like 2010.1 and 2010.2) then they should install side-by-side ok. If you run into any issues with one version being pulled into you app when the other should be, install both versions without installing to the GAC.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Keith Rome
I have a similar issue. One project uses 2011.1.0545, but another uses 2011.1.0540. The second project fails to compile. The 0540 binaries are referenced from the second project via a path hint (Visual Studio resolves the reference just fine). The error comes from the licensing:

Properties\licenses.licx(3): error LC0003: Unable to resolve type 'ActiproSoftware.Products.Editors.EditorsLicenseToken, ActiproSoftware.Editors.Wpf351, Version=11.1.540.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=36ff2196ab5654b9'

Visual Studio's References folder in this project does not indicate an issue - the error only occurs when I attempt to rebuild the project.

Do I need to remove the 0545 assembly from GAC? And if so, will this interfere with my ability to build and run the first project that is built against 0545?
Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
You can install multiple versions without having either in the GAC. I would not recommend installing to the GAC if you do plan on supporting more than one build.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.