Single Line Mode and Automatic Intelliprompt

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 13 years ago by John Darlington
Until you guys release the Single Line Mode and Automatic Intelliprompt for the WPF SyntaxEditor, I am hosting the Wind Forms Version in a Popup which is called from my WPF app. Its not beautiful but it will get us over the line in the mean time.

The reason I need SyntaxEditor is because we are rehosting the Windows Workflow Designer and the VB Expression Editor is only a simple text box with no Intellisense. So I am using the control in Single Line mode where the idea is to be able to edit VB expressions. So in single line mode I was hoping the user could do something like:

Now.Hour < 12

When the above Workflow ACtivity expression is hosted in Visual Studio we get Intellisense right from the start ie Now is in the list, then there is Hours in the list once the . is pressed. Whereas in SyntaxEditor using the VBSyntaxLanguage, if I start to Type in Now .. there is no Intelliprompt and then if I type the above in directly I get a Red sqiggly saying 'Namespace member declaration expected' ..
So the editor is assuming I am in a document and need the imports, namespace etc ... which I do actually need, but how can I just edit a single line of code, which is really in the context of a document with all the imports and external variables.

Hope that makes sense and I am sure there is a simple answer to this ... Sorry if this is a basic question .. I haven't used this version of SyntaxEditor for a couple of years.

Thanks in advance.

[Modified at 03/16/2011 09:00 PM]

[Modified at 03/17/2011 12:58 AM]

Comments (2)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi John,

Check out the Code Fragments QuickStart as that shows something very similar to what you are trying to do. You can set up "header" and "footer" text that gets combined with the document for the purposes of parsing. Just be sure you put a line terminator at the end of your header text since that is significant in VB to end whatever statements you have there.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by John Darlington
Thats beautiful .. thanks
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.